He looked at the girl and with an elegant stroke revealed his set of cards. He just won a million dollars and the girl was his. Isn't this the story of a typical Casino story?
Well, I would have been happy if that is the case. The Star casino in Sydney is a beautiful place with a lot of attractions. One can bet from as low as $1 to $50,000 in a single bet. Wanting to see how a casino feels, we went to The Star. As with every casino, it had its share of glamour. Men with slick suits, women hanging off their arms and money to spend. Well, these were only on the high-rollers' side. One can try his hand at any of the games such as roulette, poker and so on. People who want the authenticate casino feel can sit at the tables and play with a dealer with the chips, or one can sit at their own personal machines and play these games virtually. We saw people betting $1-5 and it was fun. As we explored, we happened to reach the high rollers' section. I had seen in movies and was not sure if it was real, but here I saw real betting. Each chip was worth $100 and people were betting 10-15 chips at one go. There was one time where there was atleast $10000 on the table at the same time. Some people were exasperated at losing and threw their credit cards at the dealer to charge more. It is indeed funny, one of those chips could have given a child's education for an entire year. Well, now is not the time for morals!
Anyway, apart from all these fabulous things at a casino; the casino also teaches you a few things you can use in life. It teaches you not to get greedy, it teaches you to be satisfied with what you have and it also shows you how easy it is to lose money. I started with $10 and made $32. I was ecstatic and I immediately cashed out. But something inside me told "you made $22 profit from $10, think how much more you can make". And before I knew it, I lost the whole $32. I said, "Ok, let me put in $20 and recover my old money back". I went to $52.50, and I could have cashed out. No, I contniued. I lost the enitre amount. Before I knew it, I had lost $50. It does make you think about human nature, isn't it? We are never satisfied with what we have. Maybe this has what has made us such a superior species, but it is good to know what is your need and differenciate that from your greed. The casino showed me how easy it is to make money and also lose money. Maybe I am not a gambler, but I have learnt my lesson. The casino is not all about money and glamour, it can teach you lessons if you are ready to learn.
Well, I would have been happy if that is the case. The Star casino in Sydney is a beautiful place with a lot of attractions. One can bet from as low as $1 to $50,000 in a single bet. Wanting to see how a casino feels, we went to The Star. As with every casino, it had its share of glamour. Men with slick suits, women hanging off their arms and money to spend. Well, these were only on the high-rollers' side. One can try his hand at any of the games such as roulette, poker and so on. People who want the authenticate casino feel can sit at the tables and play with a dealer with the chips, or one can sit at their own personal machines and play these games virtually. We saw people betting $1-5 and it was fun. As we explored, we happened to reach the high rollers' section. I had seen in movies and was not sure if it was real, but here I saw real betting. Each chip was worth $100 and people were betting 10-15 chips at one go. There was one time where there was atleast $10000 on the table at the same time. Some people were exasperated at losing and threw their credit cards at the dealer to charge more. It is indeed funny, one of those chips could have given a child's education for an entire year. Well, now is not the time for morals!
Anyway, apart from all these fabulous things at a casino; the casino also teaches you a few things you can use in life. It teaches you not to get greedy, it teaches you to be satisfied with what you have and it also shows you how easy it is to lose money. I started with $10 and made $32. I was ecstatic and I immediately cashed out. But something inside me told "you made $22 profit from $10, think how much more you can make". And before I knew it, I lost the whole $32. I said, "Ok, let me put in $20 and recover my old money back". I went to $52.50, and I could have cashed out. No, I contniued. I lost the enitre amount. Before I knew it, I had lost $50. It does make you think about human nature, isn't it? We are never satisfied with what we have. Maybe this has what has made us such a superior species, but it is good to know what is your need and differenciate that from your greed. The casino showed me how easy it is to make money and also lose money. Maybe I am not a gambler, but I have learnt my lesson. The casino is not all about money and glamour, it can teach you lessons if you are ready to learn.

Nice one Abhiram :)and hey you did win !!! Learning is a treasure, that you will never lose !!
ReplyDelete