Saturday, November 24, 2012

Vegetarian Chicken

Man has always tried his best to satisfy all his needs with the things available to him. Imagine a vegetarian in a land where people eat meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ofcourse you will get some vegetarian, but how do you make him feel the taste of meat without having him cross his limits? Simple, invent vegetarian chicken!

Yes, it is vegetarian. 100%. And it is chicken. I went to this restuarant called "Bodhi" nestled cosily next to the massive St. Mary's Cathedral. The ambience was as good as any other restuarant. But what blows your mind it the menu. It reads "Vegetarian Chicken", "Vegetarian Prawn" and the list goes on. Before somebody brands me a heretic, let me tell you that it is pure vegetarian. Rather, it is vegan.

Do not be fooled that this is just a name to grab attention. I have seen some of the most hardcore meat eaters enjoy the vegetarian food here and they say the taste is just like real meat. This is however made up of "bean curd", also known as "Tofu". Generally Tofu is bland and is like chewing rubber if cooked improperly. However, the taste here is absolutely brilliant.




They say one needs to try all things in life. Well, I tried chicken and I am still a vegetarian!


2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm !!! I need to give an opinion on that !! But u just told u had it , how did it taste ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tasted very good! However, I cannot comment if the taste was how "chicken" should taste, but some of my non-vegetarian friends mentioned that it is indeed very similar :)

    ReplyDelete