I landed in Australia on the morning of the 22nd of October, 2012. From the day I boarded the cab, Sydney has enticed me. The colors of Sydney, the food, the people and everything else; they have kept me spellbound. Although I could write a book on this beautiful city, I am going to contend myself with writing about some of the truly amazing things I have seen here. Here goes!
I usually start my day at about 7:30 in the morning. But sometimes, owing to my regular schedule, I am awake at 05:30AM. During these times, I just stare out the window and there she stands, in all her beauty.The Sydney Harbor Bridge! Right behind her is the Opera House! Sometimes, I remind myself that what I am seeing is one of the most renowned monuments in the world and I sleep under her lights every single night. It is surreal to think that I can just open my curtains and look at these monuments all day long.
Anyway, let us get back to the story. I woke up one day, looked out at the mist covered bridge and after a while went back to sleep. For some reason, I wanted to have a look again. I admired her again and then went back to sleep. But suddenly I realized that this time, the view was different! I had not seen the Opera House! It was just not there!
I woke up with a start and went to the window again. And there stood a behemoth of a ship. The biggest I had ever seen in my life. It was reaching the Harbor bridge's height and was easily about 100 times larger than any ship I had seen so far. I was left wondering for a few minutes if I was actually dreaming. Then the giant started moving. It was so huge that it was covering the Opera House!
Sydney had amazed me again!
Still thinking about the ship, I walked into office and that was when I saw the news:"...Mega Liner sails into Sydney"
It was the Rhapsody of the Seas and she had sailed into Sydney, and right in front of our apartment.
Amazing Australia!
P.S. Notice the small vessel next to it. We thought that was big :)
I usually start my day at about 7:30 in the morning. But sometimes, owing to my regular schedule, I am awake at 05:30AM. During these times, I just stare out the window and there she stands, in all her beauty.The Sydney Harbor Bridge! Right behind her is the Opera House! Sometimes, I remind myself that what I am seeing is one of the most renowned monuments in the world and I sleep under her lights every single night. It is surreal to think that I can just open my curtains and look at these monuments all day long.
Anyway, let us get back to the story. I woke up one day, looked out at the mist covered bridge and after a while went back to sleep. For some reason, I wanted to have a look again. I admired her again and then went back to sleep. But suddenly I realized that this time, the view was different! I had not seen the Opera House! It was just not there!
I woke up with a start and went to the window again. And there stood a behemoth of a ship. The biggest I had ever seen in my life. It was reaching the Harbor bridge's height and was easily about 100 times larger than any ship I had seen so far. I was left wondering for a few minutes if I was actually dreaming. Then the giant started moving. It was so huge that it was covering the Opera House!
Sydney had amazed me again!
Still thinking about the ship, I walked into office and that was when I saw the news:"...Mega Liner sails into Sydney"
It was the Rhapsody of the Seas and she had sailed into Sydney, and right in front of our apartment.
Amazing Australia!
P.S. Notice the small vessel next to it. We thought that was big :)
But for the small vessel in front for reference its impossible to gauge the size of this giant! Excellent shot!
ReplyDeleteso i say there is nothing like Australia !! in fact there is nothing like you. I saw bridge through your eyes!!
ReplyDelete